Monday, August 10, 2009

Trying to improve my tennis


I am discovering all the errors in my tennis technique and starting to fix them bit by bit.

To get the correct leg action on my serve, I need to put my weight on my right leg and take off on it during the upswing.

For my volleys, I need to adopt the proper preparation stance and make cross-steps to get to the ball. I need to grip my racket tight and keep my wrist steady as I make the volley

My forehand needs a stronger horizontal motion so that I can get good depth on my shots while imparting good spin on the ball. I need to make sure my grip is steady. Sometimes the handle turns in my hand. That is because I mistakenly grip it a little too extremely on switching back to a forehand grip in the middle of the rally.

I need to make sure I hit my backhands through the shot everytime, like I do when I am properly set up so that I don't end up getting jammed on the shot. Sometimes I also get jammed due to a lack of confidence on the shot. If I get my feet ready and adopt the right stance, posture and body weight balance, I can hit through the shot well.

I just read a little and saw a short clip on the split-step. Basically the split-step is a hop and putting the two feet close together and then quickly widening the stance again. This is good footwork preparation for the shot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home