Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Have Your Say on Your Sexuality

Confronting our own sexuality is something that most of us did at some point in our lives. I was tormented, to say the least, before I came out to the people that mattered in my life. Lusting after boys consumed my entire self. Liberation of the soul took a phonecall and a steely resolve. I was free. But was I really? Like many others, I was fascinated by accounts of casual, passionate sex by men with lots of men other than their boyfriends. It seemed as though our world was defined by an endless need to satisfy our fantasies. More sex with more partners was always better than less.

Yet I have come across attractive men who did not like casual sex because it made them feel worse afterwards. The dichotomy of psychological and physical response to the same need for sex was at once puzzling and familiar. More than ever, I was now free to fully explore my sexuality and sexual needs. I was ready and eager to have casual encounters. But I was also wary of the voice that sounded the warning not to do so. Why is it that some of us seem to need ever more ways to express our desires? Why is it that others never find any way, even if they too had the same? What about guys who feel left out of or alienated by the "mainstream" of gay society? What kinds of representation of our different sexual needs do we really want? Can we ever really be able to satisfy the desires that were repressed before we became free and that needed even more tending to after?

Express ourselves in our desires. What type of guy are you? What desires do you have? Have your say on your sexuality.

2 Comments:

Blogger mr tickle said...

Thanks. Yea it's never easy. It's cool you're having a go at it.

1:39 AM  
Blogger Writer said...

i used to not have a problem with it, but after a while, it was just empty. it just didn't feel good, so i stopped. i'd rather wait for feelings and not have regret.

8:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home