Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Laddies


Today The Simpsons went to England to meet J. K. Rowling and Sir Ian Mckellen. Homer got thrown into the Tower of London for rear-ending the Queen's carriage. Marge, Bart, and Lisa visit Homer's cell with a bunch of English tourists.

Englishman: Look at his great staring eyes!
English Child: Like saucers they are they are!
Bart: He claimed he was me father, he did!
Marge: Bart, you're not helping!
Bart: Poke the monster with a stick! Toppins a jab. Come on, queue up lads!

Which reminded me of a song I learnt as a kid fumbling through my mom's old cassette tapes. The third stanza goes:

Oh what, tell me what, does your Highland laddie wear?
Oh what, tell me what, does your Highland laddie wear?
A bonnet with a lofty plume, and on his breast a plaid,
And it's oh, in my heart I lo'ed my Highland lad.

I didn't realize how erotic this song was till just now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home