Wednesday, March 29, 2006

And You Are Somebody

Through Steve, I found another awesome, thought-provoking blogger today. Dan has been through experiences that I'm new to, and he sounds like a really interesting and witty guy too. He's also the first Christian gay blogger I've met who's a recovering alcoholic.

Hey, and you've got a really great smile. ;-)

Today (Mar 30) I went back to revisit the wonderful post Dan wrote on whether relationships are worth it (Mar 26). I was disheartened to read that many readers left comments saying it is often too painful to be in a relationship. I've never been down the road of alcohol/drug addiction and failed relationships that must have ravaged many lives, and I don't want to be patronizing or presumptuous at all by making sweeping statements. Neither have I been far enough in life to speak from experience, nor can I speak for everybody. But I do know that in each and every one of us, there is a beautiful dream. And I feel very strongly that we need to embrace ourselves for who we are and follow the dreams that we have. Because I think we live for our dreams and our memories, and no matter what this life has in store for us, we need to live it with both spunk and passion.

Later on.... WOW. I'm discovering loads of cool blogs on Dan's blogroll. Right now, I'm lost somewhere near joey destino, I guess I'll continue my exploration tomorrow.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i met dan in person. he's a really great guy. and he's got a lot of good things to say. and for such a young guy, that's saying a lot. -- lonestarsteve

9:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home