Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Quiet in between Lights and Dreams


I can feel it. Dan and Jon. Soon, together, they would be. They're there, living their lives together, I know, I knew it too.

Last night, I was in Pittsburgh. In my jeans, a tee, boots, sitting on the bench on Mount Washington. A cool Spring shower passing overhead, the lights of the beautiful city dancing in front of me, down the cliff and across the river. I swallowed my dinner, feeling the cool rain touch me. I didn't cry! I was happy, even though I was with myself and nobody else, and people, a few of them, walked by in front of me on the sidewalk overlooking the cliff, they glanced, wondering. I was happy! The lights were dancing.

I know it, they enjoyed themselves too last night, or so I imagine, because I will never know for sure. Enjoying their lives together, despite the falseness of separation, uncertainty.

Despite all this, I know what I'm going to do! The silent voices give me the words to go on, and I see tomorrow, tonight, love, peace.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dan said...

Hey champ,

I haven't been by for ages cos I thought you'd quit the blogging thing. But alas I was updating my blogroll the other day and here you are.

BIG HUGS.

I have no idea what you're upset about, because I haven't read back yet (I will though, when I get a chance), but I can tell you're upset. And you deserve a hug regardless of whether I'm too lazy to read back or not.

love Dan xxxxxx

9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home