Friday, March 16, 2007

My Goals


My goals!

This is a list under modification.

Short-term goals

- Read at least one book at least four nights each week (at least half an hour each night - starting tomorrow)
- Keep up on current affairs by reading and watching the news, programs/shows on TV (starting next week - at least one hour each week)
- Watch interesting movies on my Netflix once a week (starting next week)
- Devote four hours each week studying languages (starting next week)
- Start more constructive swim training, with Matt's help (if he is willing) (within this month)
- Discover the arts with John (within the next two months)
- Find out about harmonicas (for the next two months)
- Read "Successful Dog Adoption" and visit animal shelters (three to six months)
- Find out more about organizations to join to make new friends (two to six months)
- Travel to Europe in May (two months out)

Medium-term goals

- Try out one organization by the middle of summer (July 15 - in four months)
- If successful, stick with it. If not, try out another by end of summer (September 15 - in six months). Keep trying at least one every two months if not successful.
- Bonus goal (give myself a pat on the back if I can make this): Try to see if I can join a second organization. (by year's end)
- Visit my friends in Purdue (by end of summer)
- Perform more than adequately at work (everyday)
- Take stock of life by end of summer and think about medium-term goals again

Long-term goals

- Go home and see my parents and old friends! (By summer of 2008)
- Think about career paths, what other careers that are interesting and meaningful to me that I really have a passion for, especially that I don't consider making money a big goal, so more time off to travel to places, back home, visit friends would be ideal. (two years)
- Maintain friendship with Dan, if destiny permits (two years)

Other lesser goals

- Put a real picture up on my myspace, facebook, and blogger, and link them. (By the third month of my joining an aquatics club!)

The seventy-thirty rule: If I can make all this work seven out of ten times, I'd have achieved my goals. Well and good! The eighty-twenty rule: If I can make all this work eight out of ten times, it'd be awesome!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home