Saturday, March 10, 2007

Where the Ocean meets the Sky


Exciting week! My cool boss and I drove up to Blandon, Pennsylvania for a site visit to a cement siding manufacturing plant. Trudging in hard hat, steel toes, safety glasses and earplugs, I thought about the years of schooling I had, about the fact that I was working my first real job. And as usual my imagination overtook me, and I found myself wondering about the world, about Dan, and how all this came about.

Today, browsing through some books at the local Borders, I became engrossed in a book called "Dating for Dummies". How true some of the things it said. That's the thing about books. Every book I've read has provided fodder for understanding. Language, the greatest invention of man.

Swimming at the Hood College pool has let me meet two cool people so far. The first person is a 60-year old art teacher whose name is John. I made brief mention of him in my last post. Talking with him makes me feel like I'm talking to a living, breathing book. The second person who I haven't mentioned is a 30-year old guy named Matt, who happens to be in the same profession as I am. Muscular and good-looking, he was a college swimmer and is currently training for a triathlon. Seems like a steady, decent sort of guy, I certainly have fun talking with him! I hope to meet more cool people like John and Matt.

Last night, I went to the Bestbuy store in town. Sat down on a comfy couch in front of the gigantic flat panel and watched the Coldplay concert they were playing from the DVD.


Though I find Coldplay somewhat depressing, I think they're fine musicians. And I like their songs "Fix You" and "Yellow".

Through the corner of my eye, a second large TV screen was showing scenes from the Festival Mondial des Théâtres de Marionnettes. To be honest, I didn't know what it was all about until today!


Another screen was showing images of the magnificent Oregon coastline. Hope to have a chance to be there one day.


Bedtime! Maybe tomorrow I'll write a little about my upcoming trip and everything else.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home