Monday, May 07, 2007

Beautiful Spring


Got out of the pool early today. The bubble's been taken down, so Hood has an outdoor pool now. I like some of the lifeguards there because they're good-looking and friendly. One of them's a nice guy whose name I probably wouldn't ever know who says HEY and today under the perfect evening sky he waved at me with both his arms as he was working around the pool and we exchanged some cheerful words. On the way back, I swung my Jeep by the tennis courts and watched some guys play for a minute or two and I felt so terribly tempted to play too.

Frederick's a nice town, very nice weather too, so far. Winters can get cold for some days but not too bad really. Warm weather comes pretty early, but early Spring is really erratic. April and May are perfect. I suppose July and August are really muggy, as they say, but I don't mind that if it's only two months in a year. Of course autumn I imagine can only be better than Spring! Of course, winters could be like San Francisco's - I like the rain, and summers could be like Hawaii's.

It's kind of small here though, so for someone like me coming from elsewhere and not knowing anyone, it's tough. So I've plans for the future. I want to move up to live close to Danny. Go back to school. I feel like after this job, which treats my well, I'll bid a fond farewell to the wonderful world of engineering and all its marvels. I think I want to learn more things, different things. I hope when the time comes, Danny will be there and he wouldn't mind that I'm getting too close to him. I don't know, I haven't talked to him in a while, I have no clue as to his thoughts, his plans, if he likes me still, if he's ready to forget that I'm here. I like to remain naive and hopeful a lot, and I still have Vancouver, Canada or Seattle, Washington waiting for me, and home... yes, home! That's where the heart is.

I have a little more than half an hour to watch television every night, when I have my dinner. So I often narrow down what I want to watch to two or three different programs, and sometimes in that thirty minute span, I switch between three channels. Today I was switching between the History Channel, where they were exploring underground ancient Rome, Public Television, where they had an exciting program about Zheng He, and Worldview, where they were showing guys with huge biceps playing fast-paced football Aussie Rules.


It's Mother's Day. Watching the program on the sailor from the land of the dragon, I remember visiting this heavenly paradise palace garden with my mom some years ago. Here's a thought: European palaces beat Chinese ones hands down when it comes to comfort and plushness, but Chinese palaces trump European ones in the beauty of their gardens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home