Thursday, May 10, 2007

I smile because I don't know what's going on


Recently I bought a funny shirt that read "I smile because I don't know what's going on." I thought it was wickedly hilarious when I saw it. It makes me chuckle when I think about it. But it's so true for me.

Sometimes I get lost in group conversations, I end up listening and not talking. Sometimes I don't know what's going on. Maybe I just don't understand what people say here in this country. Is it the culture that's different, the minds, the thought processes, the kinds of things that the people I happen to be around with talk about? Went out for lunch with my colleagues, bunch of engineers. I don't recall most of the conversation, but it went from money-making to New Orleans, frat parties, cats, kids, engineering, technology, American sports, American pastimes, American games, etc. and I found myself withdrawing further and further from the conversation. It happens a lot, I don't connect with the conversation, I just listen, there's nothing it seems for me to say. I probably don't fit in here, in this place. I think I know the reason for all this, what's wrong, what can be done.

I like writing these things out on my blog. It helps me understand what's going on.

I'm also thinking about starting a new blog to put thoughts like these down, so that the mawkish stuff will not be found here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home