Friday, December 25, 2009

Tennis reflection III


Played tennis yesterday but wasn't too happy with the quality of my tennis. Here are some of my thoughts in retrospect.

Serve: I actually got to the court a lot early and practiced the serve some. I thought the practice serves were decent, I tried to hit them consistently with some spin and some power. But when I got to the games, they became weaker and erratic. I think perhaps I need to just calm down and hit them like in practice.

Forehand: Somehow I feel that I am rushed for time during games, when during practice rallies I could hit them with more power, spin and accuracy. I think the key is to hit them with a smooth stroke and better timing, so the racquet head speed would be much quicker and less preparation time would be needed.

Backhand: It's getting better, but I must remember to hit with the correct stroke and arc on lower balls, just like Gasquet in the picture.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home