Monday, April 03, 2006

Where the bluebirds sing and there's a whiskey spring


Picture from zeledi

Watched Brokeback Saturday night with two girlfriends. Came home and opened Annie Proulx's book, laying on the bed.

"Try this one," said Jack, "and I'll say it just one time. Tell you what, we could a had a good life together, a fuckin real good life. You wouldn't do it, Ennis, so what we got now is Brokeback Mountain. Everything built on that. It's all we got, boy, fuckin all, so I hope you know that if you don't never know the rest. Count the damn few times we been together in twenty years. Measure the fuckin short leash you keep me on, then ask me about Mexico and then tell me you'll kill me for needin it and not hardly never gettin it. You got no fuckin idea how bad it gets. I'm not you. I can't make it on a couple a high-altitude fucks once or twice a year. You're too much for me, Ennis, you son of a whoreson bitch. I wish I knew how to quit you."

******

Check out Brokeback the movie's official site. Click on "Share Your Story", and read the hundreds and hundreds of personal stories of guys and girls alike who have been moved by the film and the story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home