Sunday, April 08, 2007

Something about danny and something about myself (II)


I was born on a faraway island with golden sandy beaches and steep craggy mountains, but grew up on another speck in the sea, less spectacular in natural beauty, but of a greater human vibrance. From a childhood of bathroom-reading and ingenuous wonderings, I wound up in high school with some guys with whom I share the fondest memories. After some bumps and bruises, I found myself in liberal America and figuring out the world together with a bunch I call my Berkeley buddies. Then I made my way across the cornfields to a little college town where I fell in love with swimming. Plunging myself headlong into life, I finally left school and got my first real job, and this is where I find myself today. I miss my friends and family and am thinking of many things.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sue said...

This sounds like the begining of a fairy tale. :)

11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home